If you are planning to get pregnant, check whether your diet and food supplements are increasing your chances of fertility. Infertility is a common health condition today. You can blame it on our unhealthy lifestyle, busy work schedules, and lack of physical activity. Dealing with infertility can be stressful, especially when you are suffering from health conditions such as PCOS and PCOD.
Infertility is defined as a condition in which a couple fails to conceive a child. An infertile couple is one who tried having unprotected sex for more than 12 months to get pregnant but was unable to conceive naturally.
Good news is, the Saishree IVF centre in Pune offers world-class treatment and guidance for both male and female dealing with infertility problems. According to our IVF specialist, food and lifestyle changes can largely contribute to increasing the chances of pregnancy. In this blog, we will discuss some of the tips to prevent infertility and prepare your body to conceive a child without any complications.
Tips to boost your fertility
- Eat foods that are rich in antioxidants: Antioxidants like folate and zinc deactivates the free radicals in your body, and improve infertility both in men and women. Foods like fresh fruit, vegetables, nuts, and grains are antioxidant-rich. According to the reports, women undergoing In-Vitro Fertilization and taking antioxidant supplements has 23% more chances of attaining healthy pregnancy.
- Eat a fuller breakfast: Eating a larger breakfast can improve the hormonal effects of PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), one of the primary cause of infertility in women. Also, eating more calories at breakfast reduces insulin levels by 8% and testosterone levels by 50%, indicating improved infertility in both men and women.
- Eat more fibre: High-fibre foods such as whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and beans helps your body get rid of excess hormones and keep blood sugar in check. The excess amount of estrogen is also removed from the body as a waste product. Eating 10 grams of cereal fibre increases a woman’s chances of fertility by 44%.
- Add Protein Resources: Food items such as eggs, fish, beans, nuts, and seeds are found to be helping both men and women reduce the chances of infertility. Also, replacing animal protein sources with vegetable protein sources dramatically improves the fertility results in women undergoing IVF treatment.
- Try Multivitamin: According to expert resources, 20% of infertility problems can be avoided if a woman consumes three or more multivitamins per week. Vitamin E and Vitamin B6 supplement highly improve your chances of conceiving and getting pregnant.
- Exercise and Stay Active: Regular exercise maintains your body weight, health, and prevents many harmful diseases such as obesity and heart diseases. A sedentary lifestyle can be very harmful to couples trying to start a family of their own. Moderate to intense physical activity will help you with weight loss and lower the risk of infertility.
At Saishree IVF, we ensure the patients are well-aware of every aspect of infertility treatments, including the preventative measures they have to take to increase their chances of conceiving. Our treatments are not just medicine-focused, but we also help the patients attain a healthy body, mind, and soul to boost the chances of pregnancy and childbirth.