Women considering infertility treatments should take proper safety measures to avoid any pregnancy complications. Once a couple is struck with infertility, there are many medications and treatments gifted by medical science that help them achieve parenthood. Among all the infertility treatments such as artificial insemination, implantation of fertilized eggs, and surgery, IVF is the most illustrious infertility treatment with good success rate.
What is IVF?
In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) refers to a method where an egg cell is fertilized with sperm outside the woman’s body in a laboratory setup. Once the eggs are fertilized and take the shape of an embryo, it is then transferred inside the mother’s uterus to continue with normal pregnancy. IVF treatment in Pune is considered to be one of the most effective treatments with the highest success rate.
Patients with blocked or damaged fallopian tubes, fibroids, and abnormal uterus shape are often recommended IVF treatment for conceiving. Till date, it has helped millions of infertile couples to embrace the joy of parenthood. However, there are few major precaution steps one must take note to increase their chances of conceiving after IVF procedure.
Safety Precautions to be taken after IVF Procedure
If a woman has undergone IVF, there are certain safety measures she must consider to increase her chances of a successful pregnancy. They are:
1) Avoid having Intercourse: Most of the infertility specialists recommend avoiding the indulgence into sexual intercourse. The reason is it helps to prevent vaginal infection and give rest to the ovaries for proper healing after IVF procedures. Consult our infertility specialist in Pune for more do’s and don’ts on IVF treatments.
2) Avoid Heavy Works: Many doctors suggest woman not to lift heavy-weighted items for at least two weeks until the pregnancy is confirmed. Lifting heavy weights can cause strain in abdominal muscles and might affect the IVF cycle.
3) Avoid Heavy Exercise: Women after undergoing IVF should avoid practicing heavy exercises and aerobics. However, light exercises such as walking and meditations will do wonders on her chances of successful pregnancy.
4) Avoid Smoking, Alcohol, and Caffeine: High level of alcohol and caffeine consumption often increase risks of miscarriage and health complications, both for the mother and unborn child. Limit your alcohol intake once you undergo IVF treatment.
5) Avoid Sunbath and Swimming: This is because; a bath can introduce any foreign infectious substance into the vagina that possibly could lead to miscarriage. Our fertility clinic in Pune encourages patients to undergo shower bath instead of sunbath and swimming.
We, at Saishree IVF, take pride in having a successful history in IVF treatments and other infertility treatments. If you have been stuck with infertility and have lost all your hope of bearing a child to continue your genetic legacy then connect with our world-class certified fertility experts. We leave no stone unturned to help couples embrace the joy of parenthood through our advanced fertility treatment approaches.